Mendleson Communication is proud to be named as the winners of the 2014 PRIA Victorian Award for Excellence in Community Relations for Auburn High School and to receive a commendation in the Business to Business category for engineering consultancy pitt&sherry.
Auburn High School
In December 2013, Hawthorn Secondary College closed and two months later the Victorian Government launched a new coeducational secondary school on the same site called Auburn High School.
In June 2013, Mendleson Communication developed an engagement and communications plan to facilitate a successful transition and launch. We then partnered with the school to implement a comprehensive communications campaign.
We needed to create a strong identity, brand and awareness – with only 7 months before the new school opened. The key marketing objective was to build enrolments FAST.
Our aim was to create a compelling vision for the new school that would make families consider it as a good option for their child – a tough call when the previous school had a long term poor reputation and the new school hadn’t opened yet. We also needed to reassure current families that something better was coming and they should stay.
Enrolments pre-launch exceeded expectations – with over 50% Year 7 enrolments more than previous year. Almost all current students transferred over to the new school. Enrolments for 2015 are already 70% greater than 2014.
We created striking branding and high awareness, excellent relationships with key influencers and high levels of support from all key stakeholder groups.
Government schools don’t usually market themselves beyond Open Days and school tours. This campaign represented a new way of thinking about marketing government schools in a highly competitive environment, creating dynamic branding and materials, and a high profile in the community. Creating a tailored marketing campaign for each primary school also paid off, as did the media relations and relationship building programs.
Since 2011, Mendleson has been working with pitt&sherry, developing and implementing a marketing strategy to raise the profile of the company nationally and increase sales.
Key activities have included:
• media relations that is generating regular national coverage in trade and business media, establishing the company as an authority in the sector
• a creative and cost-effective advertising campaign, promoting the company’s new brand and website
• a strategic sponsorship program, designed to leverage sponsorship dollars and create profile in existing and potential markets
• securing speaking engagements at industry events
• creating social media channels and content, website development, publications and enewsletters and internal communications.
pitt&sherry continues to enjoy steady growth, despite challenging economic conditions. Results to date include:
• new business and contacts in new industry and geographic markets
• a 10-fold increase in media coverage
• increased awareness of the company with Tier 1 clients nationally
• pitt&sherry are established as industry experts and regularly called upon by media for comment
• pitt&sherry’s monthly Cedex report is established as an industry benchmark report receiving regular media coverage and industry recognition.